Tuesday 26 May 2009

Session 9 - 20 May 2009

Wednesday night and we know the drill by now. Come in and we’re straight down to our stretches or as the company know them Vik’s torture time… Though I’d like to think that we’re getting better at them each session! Once that was over we went straight in to one of our first big numbers, Kate Nash’s Mouthwash. In the play just before Mouthwash there is going to be this big Bollywood number with the whole cast dancing and all that, something I am very excited about! Because of this Vik wanted the staging of Mouthwash to be quite minimal and a lot of the song is positions and other quite static movements. After a long time making sure we had our turns exact and our walking direct Vik was happy to leave it there for the week. It’s looking really good and our singing is improving all the time! By July we actually will be looking professional, I’ve no doubt!

After our break Vik wanted to meet people individually to go through characterisation, he took off various different people and spent around 20minutes with each of them. I was one of the people taken off and it was a really helpful session. We looked at my monologue and found ways to make my learning of the lines exact; generally it helped us to get in to our characters more through the understanding of the words. While people were taken of individually the rest of the group were up in the greenroom singing along to I pods and drinking proper ‘good’ hot chocolate, sorry, I mean we were all hard at work learning our lines!

I can’t wait to see how the rest of Or Nearest Offer is staged; it’s such an exciting process to be part of. Bring on July!

MK

No comments: